We have Missouri Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Tax Credits!
Join Kansas City companies in helping local families break the cycle of poverty.
What are Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Credits?
The Grooming Project has been approved by the Missouri Department of Economic Development, from now until 9/30/2022, to participate in the NAP Tax Credit program. This allows eligible donors to contribute to The Grooming Project while receiving a tax credit equal to 50% of their donation to be used toward their Missouri state taxes.
The Grooming Project has been awarded $123,000 in state tax credits, and they will go quickly. The tax credits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Claim yours soon!
Who are eligible donors?
Businesses or individuals with Missouri business income, such as:
- Sole Proprietors
- Insurance companies
- Financial institutions
- Individuals operating a farm in Missouri
- Individuals with rental property in Missouri
Receiving and Using NAP Tax Credits: How Does it Work? What’s Next?
- Make your contribution of $2,500 or more to The Grooming Project. Be sure to indicate your desire to apply for tax credits on your donation (check memo or online memo line). We will forward you an acknowledgement with instructions on how to fill out the NAP tax credit application.
- Complete and return the notorized NAP form with proper documentation to: The Grooming Project, Attn: NAP Tax Credits, 5829 Troost Avenue, Suite B. Kansas City, MO 64110.
- After receiving your completed form, The Grooming Project will forward your application and proof of donation to the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
- You will receive a certification letter directly from the State of Missouri indicating approval within 3 to 4 weeks, including directions on how to redeem your tax credits.
When may the tax credits be claimed?
- Tax credits have a 5-year “carry forward” but do not have a “carry back” provision.
- NAP tax credits are not salable, transferable, or refundable.
Have questions? Want more information?
Please contact Annette Teson, Director of Development: 816.791.7023 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The details contained on this page are for informational purposes only and not intended to serve as legal or tax advice. Prospective donors should consult their own tax advisors concerning NAP Tax Credit rules and their particular situations.